Astyfer is gentle iron supplement with amino acids and vitamin B complex, formulated to deliver an ideal amount of iron to the body while remaining gentle on the stomach. It provides an ideal source of iron and other nutrients for the normal production of red blood cells, to help maintain energy levels, health and vitality.
The GHL Advantage – Critical for Healthy Blood
Glycine: Essential for the formation of haem which carries the iron and oxygen in the red blood cell.
Histidine: Helps to manufacture red and white blood cells. Red blood cells are oxygen-carrying cells. White blood cells are part of our immune system. They protect our body from harmful microorganisms (infection).
Lysine: Essential to the formation of proteins like the globin protein found in haemoglobin. Deficiency results in tiredness, dizziness and anemia.
Astyfer Best By Contents and Technology
- Ensures better iron bio-availability
- Free from gastric irritation
- Prevents drug dumping
- Does not cause constipation
- Rapid rise in Hemoglobin Levels
- Ensures proper fetal growth in pregnancy
Why Do We Need Iron?
We need dietary iron and some vitamins to manufacture hemoglobin oxygen molecules attached to hemoglobin. If you don’t have enough iron in your diet, the red blood cell will not be able to carry oxygen around the body effectively and you may become anemic.
Who May Need an Iron Supplement?
Growing Children – to help maintain appetite and a normal cognitive function.
Menstruating Women – to help maintain formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin, to replace blood lost during the monthly cycle.
During Pregnancy – to help maintain formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin, to support the increased demand for blood as the baby grows.
What is Anemia?
Anemia means that either the level of red blood cells or the level of hemoglobin is lower than normal.
When a person is anemic, their heart has to work harder to pump the quantity of blood needed to get adequate oxygen around their body. During heavy exercise the cells may not be able to carry enough oxygen to meet the body’s needs and the person can become exhausted
Some Causes of Anemia
• Dietary deficiency-lack of iron, vitamin B12 or the folic acid in the diet
• Malabsorption-where the body is not able to use the nutrients in the diet
• Inherited disorders-such as thalassaemia or sickle cell disease
• Chronic diseases-such as rheumatoid arthritis and tuberculosis
• Bone marrow disorders-such as cancer infection
• Blood loss-due to trauma, surgery, cancer, peptic ulcer, heavy menstruation, bowel cancer
• Drugs and medications-including alcohol, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs or anti-coagulant medications
• Periods of rapid growth or high energy requirements-such as puberty or pregnancy
Depending on the severity, the symptoms of anemia may include:
• Frequent headaches
• Racing heart or palpitations
• Becoming irritated easily/lack of concentration
• Loss of appetite/Strange food cravings
Groups at high risk:
• Menstruating women
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women
• Babies, especially if premature
• Children going through puberty
What does Astyfer Capsule contains?
|Each Capsule Serves
|L-Histidine Hydrochloride H2O
What does Astyfer Liquid contains?
|Each 10 ml serves
|Ferrous glycine sulphate
|L-Histidine Hydrochloride H2O
|Riboflavine(as Riboflavine Sodium Phosphate)
Anaemia during pregnancy and lactation
Iron deficiency Anaemia
Nutritional deficiency Anaemia
Anaemia due to blood loss
Anaemia in children
Astyfer capsule: One capsule twice daily.
Astyfer Liquid: Two teaspoonful (10ml) twice a day.